The Family Conservancy is a delegate Head Start/Early Head Start agency. We provide Early Head Start and Head Start services to more than 650 children. We provide quality early childhood education from prenatal to five years of age, with three options: Home-Based, Family Child Care, and Center-Based.
Head Start and Early Head Start offer a quality environment for your child and family in addition to:
• A focus on school readiness
• Developmentally appropriate educational curriculum
• Developmental screenings
• Health services
• Parent involvement opportunities
• Disability services
• Nutritious meals
*Early Head Start is for expecting mothers and children birth to 3 years
*Head Start is for children from 3 years to 5 years
Enroll Your Child
Who is Eligible:
• Reside in Clay, Platte or Jackson counties in Missouri
• Head Start and Early Head Start are available in all three counties
• Early Head Start serves expectant mothers and children birth to 3 years old.
• Head Start serves children 3 to 5 years old.
• Have an income that is at or below 100% of the federal poverty guidelines OR
• Receive SSI or TANF, be in foster care or homeless
• All programs are inclusive to children with disabilities
To Enroll Your Child
Head Start Options
• Home-Based services are received in your living environment
• Family Child Care services are received in a licensed family child care provider's home
• Center-Based services are received in one of our 8 licensed child care facilities
Head Start Centers
Plaza de Niños
St. Mark Child & Family Development Center
DeLa Salle Education
Learn A Lot
3101 Main Street
Head Start Providers
Become a Head Start Provider
You can provide exceptional services to children and their families by becoming a Head Start provider.
The benefits of providing Head Start services through your family child care are:
• Professional development opportunities
• Regular on-site visits with a trained Child and Family Development Specialist
• Income stipends
• Career development
• Community and peer networking
• A developmentally appropriate education curriculum
• High quality services for all children and families in your program
• Must hold a Missouri family child care home license
• Serve 3- to 5-year-old children
• Maintain required liability insurance on all children
• Be at least 21 years of age and have previous child care experience
• Have a minimum Child Development Associate credential or begin studying for a CDA after enrolling in the Head Start Family Child Care Program
Available to providers in Jackson, Clay and Platte counties in Missouri.
To Get Started
Please contact our Head Start Director Pam Black at 913-342-1110 ext. 1920.
Head Start Home-Based Services
Head Start Home-Based serves pregnant mothers and children birth to five years old in Jackson, Clay and Platte counties.
• Head Start Home-Based is a free early childhood/home-visiting program.
• A Home-Based Specialist will visit your home once a week for 90 minutes to collaborate with you in supporting your child’s growth and development.
• During the weekly visit, the Home-Based Specialist provides information and supports to the family with school readiness, keeping your child and family physically and mentally healthy and parent education.
• Head Start Home-Based uses the Parents as Teachers curriculum.
• To qualify: Families must be income-eligible OR receiving public assistance, i.e. TANF or SSI, experiencing homelessness, in foster care or have a child with a diagnosed disability.
Contact: Jeremey Smith 913-742-4183, or for Spanish, Diana Martinez 913-742-4197
The Family Conservancy is a delegate of Mid-America Head Start.